Be careful when using self-tanning lotions!

14yumj1

Be careful when using self-tanning lotions!

Postby 14yumj1 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:40 pm

While tanning lotions seem to work fairly well for most people in helping achieve darker skin without actually exposing your skin to UV rays, its important to be careful when using them. I have sensitive skin, which resulted in a couple pimples popping up my cheeks ( I never get cheek pimples), a few days after I applied a tanning lotion to it.

This was pretty annoying since I'd spent around 20 euros on the lotion, and after looking online it turns out other people also had similar problems ( pro tip, always read reviews on products before using them).

Anyway, I found out that there are some ingredients that you should try to avoid in tanning lotions, especially if you have sensitive skin like me.

1. Mineral oil ( apparently this can block your pores and I think this was in my product )
2.Sodium hydroxymethylglycinate ( can irritate skin)
3.Octyl stearate (blocks pores and irritates skin)
4.And any artificial fragrances and colors ( probably best to minimize chemicals).

If anyone here has had similar experiences with tanning lotion I'd love to know which brand you use.

Also, here's the lotion that messed up my skin --> https://www.lookfantastic.it/fake-bake-flawless-self-tan-liquid-with-mitt-170ml/10996821.html?affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=EUR&shippingcountry=IT&thg_ppc_campaign=71700000015667607&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2P_ViZmy2QIVRJ8bCh093wJtEAQYAyABEgLvf_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CLOnqo2ZstkCFY2XdwodU8oEHw

PS. This is my first post on here! Looking forward to be part of the community!
I wonder if I've ever bought milk from the same cow twice.
Alexandoy

Re: Be careful when using self-tanning lotions!

Postby Alexandoy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:34 am

This issue is almost the same as the whitening lotion. People with dark skin use the whitening lotion at night and leave it until morning in the hope that it will make their skin white. Some are successful but some are not. And some are in worse condition than before with that spots of white and rashes sometimes that may be caused by the allergen in the ointment.
littlewitch66

Re: Be careful when using self-tanning lotions!

Postby littlewitch66 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:24 am

I only use self tanning lotions on my body and not my face because sometimes I find it can look unnatural and I too have had spots. It gives me a kind of tight feeling on the face to I prefer to use a normal moisteriser with a sunscreen.

Return to “Self Tanners”